- Working on revisions for ews-review
phylogentics / pmc
- Apparently pmc does have users – at least one recognized that my Vignette is broken following the latest Gieger update. Need to add simulate and update methods for the new fitContinuous, and then integrate these. pmc/#3
- Another pmc request. Sounds like I should also add support for OUwie fits. See if I can get Jeremy to add
Dear phylogeneticists: please define a methods API for your functions. Accessing coefficients using something like
output[][]$somevar$nameis not only cumbersome, but bound to break when you modify your function, so provide a
coefmethod. Likewise provide
updatemethods so we can all raise the bar on our statistics a little bit.
Alternatively put the code on Github, where sensible folks can fork it, add some common-sense classes and give you a pull request.
Because I’m always wondering how to do this one: let’s see what methods are defined for Geiger’s new
 coef.gfit* logLik.gfit* Non-visible functions are asterisked
ht Michael Hannon for that one, and a good way to confuse some folks on SO.
- Fixed a minor issue in tooltip formatting, knitcitations/#37. Unfortunately not updated in earlier notebook entires, but should be fixed from here on).
- Interesting ideas from some folks about adding CSL support, and thinking about being able to pull data into knitcitations from personal zotero libraries, knitcitations/#38. Zotero API seems to have some nice features for listing entries of a collection in a variety of file formats, including CSL styling for the returns.
- Nearly a month since last push (0.4-4). Should update CRAN to current development version (0.4-6) sometime this week…
Looking over Lenton (2011) , which has a review of some of the evidence against warning signals for noise-induced transitions.
An even earlier result from Ludwig, in Ludwig (1975) .
- A. A. Cimatoribus, S. S. Drijfhout, V. Livina, G. van der Schrier, (2013) Dansgaard-Oeschger Events: Bifurcation Points in The Climate System. Climate of The Past 9 323-333 10.5194/cp-9-323-2013
- Peter D. Ditlevsen, Sigfus J. Johnsen, (2010) Tipping Points: Early Warning And Wishful Thinking. Geophysical Research Letters 37 n/a-n/a 10.1029/2010GL044486
- Timothy M. Lenton, (2011) Early Warning of Climate Tipping Points. Nature Climate Change 1 201-209 10.1038/nclimate1143
- Donald Ludwig, (1975) Persistence of Dynamical Systems Under Random Perturbations. Siam Review 17 605-640 10.1137/1017070
- C. Szuwalski, (2013) Production is A Poor Metric For Identifying Regime-Like Behavior in Marine Stocks. Proceedings of The National Academy of Sciences 110 E1436-E1436 10.1073/pnas.1301759110
- K. A. Vert-pre, R. O. Amoroso, O. P. Jensen, R. Hilborn, (2013) Reply to Szuwalski: Policies Robust to Uncertainty in Causes of Productivity Changes Are Needed. Proceedings of The National Academy of Sciences 110 E1437-E1437 10.1073/pnas.1302181110
- K. A. Vert-pre, R. O. Amoroso, O. P. Jensen, R. Hilborn, (2013) Frequency And Intensity of Productivity Regime Shifts in Marine Fish Stocks. Proceedings of The National Academy of Sciences 110 1779-1784 10.1073/pnas.1214879110