- nonparametric-bayes writing writing. see commits.
- Started slides for Mangel group retreat. (in progress).
- Working on requested review… background reading too.
- reml read methods for
Scribble notes for interivew
- we are where math was 400 years ago - present theorem without proof.
- code plays an ever-increasing role in our research, and hence in describing what we have done
- potentially the most precise and consise way to describe a method. Also potentially the most obuscated or incoherent
we value writing. we value clean and documented wet lab technique.
- inline code vs software papers. Mozilla will focus on the former. the latter is more difficult.
practices external to the code itself matter – maintenance, test suites, version control
structural uncertainty, etc
- Weitzman, M. L. Landing Fees vs Harvest Quotas with Uncertain Fish Stocks. Journal of Environmental Economics and Management 43, 325-338 (2002). (doi:10.1006/jeem.2000.1181)
- Weitzman, M. L. A Precautionary Tale of Uncertain Tail Fattening. Environmental and Resource Economics 55, 159-173 (2013). (doi:10.1007/s10640-013-9646-y)
- Weitzman, M. Structural uncertainty and the value of statistical life in the economics of catastrophic climate change. (2007). at https://www.nber.org/papers/w13490
- Smith, V. et al. Beyond dead trees: integrating the scientific process in the Biodiversity Data Journal. Biodiversity Data Journal 1, e995 (2013). (doi:10.3897/BDJ.1.e995)
- Millar, R., Anderson, M. & Zunun, G. 2005 Fitting nonlinear environmental gradients to community data: a general distance-based approach. Ecology 86, 2245-2251.
- McArdle, B. & Anderson, M. 2001 Fitting multivariate models to community data: a comment on distance-based redundancy analysis. Ecology 82, 290-297.