- 7:30 – 8:30 Read article for Wainwright’s 270:
Streisfeld, M.a. & Rausher, M.D. Population Genetics, Pleiotropy, and the Preferential Fixation of Mutations During Adaptive Evolution. Evolution no-no(2010).doi:10.1111/j.1558-5646.2010.01128.x
Interesting approach, methods description a little light and both prediction and interpretation of pattern of mutations in coding, cis-reg, and transcription factor sites seems a little loose. Detailed notes on article in Mendeley. More comments after the discussion section at 1pm today.
- 8:30 – 9:30 accepted and started reviewing article for Theoretical Ecol, review due Nov 1st. Return to later! (confidential notes in Mendeley)
- 9:30 – 1:00pm working on LR manuscript.
- 1pm Wainwright’s 270 on predicting evolution (Streisfeld article)
- 2pm meet visiting student Ty at house
- 4:30pm set up and facilitate Grad Teaching Community meeting
Added a “half different” painting of taxa to show problems with AIC persist even when parameters don’t exceed taxa (but still vastly overparameterized). see code