Working on a couple new ideas:
- Multiple partitions
- Community phylogenetics nulls
- Diversification rates w/ stationary distributions
- Finding my forum a very useful tool for recording and organizing around idea. Nice complement to this notebook which helps me organize temporally instead.
Becoming convinced I should transition from svn to git. Created a git-hub account and have started learning the basic git commands. The Git community book and the website video tutorials have been very helpful.
Meanwhile, RabbitVCS is a very slick SVN manager integrated directly into the Nautilus browser. I’ve also added the svn commands to hotkeys through my vimrc script.
listened to an interesting talk by Willbanks on science commons and Generative Science’.’
Working on the multiple partitions question for discretization of continuous data.
- Maximum likelihood implementation in R for an arbitrary but fixed number of peaks.
- Writing the MCMC approach now to allow Bayesian partitioning.
- Will be a good test case for the reversible jump process
- Potentially a good test case to explore Dirchlet Process Prior
Project now has a code repository
- Hosting through github.
- Several advantages to the git system – no central repository, easier branching / merging, faster.
- github interface also seems to have several advantages relative to google code. In addition to supporting git, provides a more intuitive and visually appealing layout for the project.